Skip to content
Study Abroad
Billing and Payment Options 

Program Deposits

Once you are accepted to a Rutgers study abroad program you will be asked to submit a program deposit to secure your spot on the program.  The deposit amounts are as follows: $800 for semester/year programs, $500 for short-term (summer/winter) programs.  This deposit is non-refundable so please review the Withdrawal Policy before submitting it.  This deposit will then allow us to register you for the Study Abroad Placeholder Course, which in turn will create your Rutgers term bill.  Your deposit will then be credited back to your bill and you will be responsible for the balance, minus any aid or scholarships that you may receive.


Billing will be issued through Rutgers Student Accounting according to the normal Rutgers billing cycles. You will be notified via e-mail that your bill is ready for viewing. Paper copies are no longer being sent.  The site is linked below and requires that you log in using your NetID and password.  You may also use your RUID and your PAC in order to gain access:

Non-Rutgers students will need to use their RUID and PAC to see their billing.  You may contact your Program Manager at the Center for Global Education in order to obtain this information.

If you anticipate that your financial aid will fully cover the cost of your program, you will still need to confirm your attendance.  You can do so online or you may mail in a copy of your billing to the address listed on the bill.  Failure to do so will cause your financial aid not to disburse and result in deregistration.

Payment Plans

Please refer to the Rutgers Student Accounting website regarding payment plan options.

Tuition Remission

If you are a matriculated, full-time Rutgers student and a dependent of a Rutgers University employee, you may be eligible for tuition remission benefits. To determine your eligibility, you must complete and submit an RT102 form for each semester of your program.  This form and detailed instructions can be obtained from any Student Accounting Office.

If you are eligible to claim this benefit, your parent/guardian should complete a RT102 form and submit it with your term bill and payment. Questions about tuition remission eligibility can be directed to the Rutgers Departmental Benefits Representative for your parent/guardian or to the Center for Global Education.